A while back I admitted to being a late bloomer to the greatness that is Battlestar Galactica…cause seriously, I’m waaaaaay too busy to watch every single TV show that comes out, nerdy or not. Aside from developing an unhealthy addiction to speed in order to eek a few more hours out of my day, my solution was to wait until the entire series came out on DVD and then watch it all in an epic month long marathon.
Personally, I think I made the right decision on this one. I don’t know how people waited from week to week to find out what happened next. Sounds like torture to me.
I finished my marathon a few weeks ago so I thought it might be fun to do a little wrap up of all things BSG. Some totally random parting thoughts…
1. Anyone else think it’s funny that when Lee and Dee got married, their names rhymed? Even funnier for me was the fact that her name became Dualla Adama. I don’t know why, but that cracks me up. Oh wait, Dualla is her last name? What’s her first name? Anastasia? Where the frak did that come from?
2. Oh Boomer. Boomer, Boomer, Boomer. There were times when I really had hope for you and then you would go and frak it all up. I mean, really, you HAD to beat the shit out of Athena, then bang her husband right in front of her? Beee-yatch! I guess you sort of redeemed yourself at the end but I would have shot you in the face too.
3. Why was Six the only Cylon who got to try out different hair do’s? I’m sure Eight would have liked to have rocked something other than stringy bangs for once.
4. I love how Kat went from flashing her naughty bits in D’Anna’s documentary to suddenly having to hide her past from everyone. Damn girl, you need to get your shit straight.
5. I’m not sure what this says about me, but I liked Saul way more AFTER he found out he was a Cylon. Tory? Never really liked her.
6. Helo, you went from being a throwaway character to being one of the most important characters on the whole show. Not really sure how you did that, but I’m very glad you did. And dude, you’re huge. What are you, like half giant or something?
7. I miss Billy, he was such a sweet kid.
8. So what the frak was Starbuck anyways? An Angel? I was obsessed with suns, moons and stars as a kid and used to paint them on EVERYTHING…does that mean I’ll end up like her?
9. Dude, I don’t care if he’s a Cylon, a vegetable, a hybrid, whatever, when it comes to Anders I would totally hit that. He was one sexy bitch. And he waits for you on the other side, isn’t that adorable?
10. Laura Roslin is my kinda woman, it’s too bad she spent so much time being cancer girl. I watched someone near and dear to me waste away from that last year, it was hard to watch that again.
11. The look Tyrol gave Tory when he saw that she had killed Cally was crazy. When he snapped his head around like that, it was like watching a Borg or a Terminator. It really brought home the fact that he was a machine.
12. I love that Badger ends up being the President of the Colonies.
13. Cally smelled like cabbage? WTF is in that algae shit anyways?
14. Hot Dog, I know you’re EJO’s kid and all, but this video is probably the best thing I could find of you from BSG.[youtube:http://youtu.be/u2RuHAqvp6s]
Oh, and you got knocked out by a girl. An awesome girl. But a girl nonetheless.
15. Soooooo….are we all Human-Cylon hybrids descended from Hera? Cause that was the past right? Or is it the future? Does this mean that we can blame the Japanese and their creepy humanoid robots for the near destruction of humanity?
16. I, too, would like some resurrection technology. Thanks Helen….uhhh…Mom.
17. Holy frakking shit Dee. I never saw that one coming.
18. Really Helen, you modeled One after your dad and then you did the “swirl” with him? That is disturbing on so many levels.
19. TNG Number One = hot. BSG Number One = not.
20. Gaeta, you went from being one of my very favorite characters to my least favorite. The way your storyline ended made me sad. See? –> 🙁
21. Tahmoh Penikett – what the hell kind of name is that? You’re Canadian and your sisters are named Sarah and Stephanie. I don’t get it.
22. Baltar – you crazy.
23. I kind of had a thing for you Lee Adama. Then Anders came along and you were sort of old news. Then you ditched the uniform, and while I’ll admit you look pretty spiffy in a suit, it doesn’t compare to the uniform. Then I found out you tried to have sex with Starbuck while she was engaged to your brother. Now I kind of think you’re a douche. A cute douche.
24. Admiral Adama, I would follow you to the end of the galaxy too. I’ve learned this about myself. But you kind of spit when you’re mad. Or sad. Or drunk. It’s a little gross. But I still heart you.
25. Humans will never, ever change. We see native peoples and just assume that they’ll want to procreate with us. Excuse me, Mr. Tribesman? Would you mind whipping it out for us? We really need to breed. kthx.
Looking forward to 17th Precinct!!!