HNG Podcast: Doctor Who Edition

IMG_1919

Its official, we have a 12th Doctor! Peter Capaldi will be taking over the reigns from Matt Smith this Christmas and, while I’ll be so sad to see Matt go, I’m unbelievably excited to see what Peter will bring to the fish finger and custard-laden table. Darcy and I ended up talking about the Doctor Who ‘verse almost exclusively during this week’s podcast and we had A LOT of fun doing it. We also went into Torchwood quite a bit and speculated over the identity of the mysterious black actor who was offered and turned down (?!?!!) the role before it was offered to Peter Capaldi.

Allons-y!

And don’t forget to pre-order a copy of Forging Freedom, the anthology I contributed a sci-fi story to. The Anthology is being released in September and I’m taking pre-orders for anyone who is interested in getting it for the special pre-sale price of $15 which includes shipping. I’ll only be taking pre-orders until August 17th. I’ll get the copies by September 13th and I’ll ship it to you immediately following (I’ll also sign it unless you specify not to). In late September the book will be available on Amazon and in stores.

Comments

1. Jacob Millwee says:

Have you heard that they are lifting the 13 incarnation limit to the Time Lords? I’m curious to your take.

1. mgm75 says:

There’s no straight answer to that one. When asked how many times he could regenerate in an episode of SJA, Matt Smith’s Doctor replies… 547 (youtube link).

I think it is generally believed that the 13 incarnation limit is one imposed by the Timelords, not a biological limit.

Either way, I’m looking forward to finding out how they get around it!

2. mgm75 says:

One thing’s for sure, it wasn’t Idris Elba because he said he would have been proud to have been considered. When asked if he would take it all he would say was “bow ties don’t suit me” which is a complete non answer!

He’s been off our television screens for a while now, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it had been Paterson Joseph.

1. mgm75 says:

Just had another thought: It could have been Lennie James (had a small part in The Walking Dead) but either way I guess we’ll never find out now.

3. Robert says:

Wtf is that noise in the background on the podcast

1. hotnerdgirl says:

At the beginning? A cricket chirping.

4. Lynne says:

Moffat also wrote The Girl in the Fireplace and the Library two-parter for an example of Tennant-Moffat pairing.